Friday, March 9, 2012

Signs Of Spring

Two days ago I saw my first robin (Wisconsin's state bird) of 2012, a sure sign of spring in these parts.  I can't recall seeing one this early.

Winter this year was about as mild as any I can remember, but as the saying goes, "we're not out of the woods, yet."  More than once in my lifetime, we've been hit by heavy snow storms in April, even May.

The upcoming weekend also will return us to Daylight Savings Time, but even on normal time over the past few mornings I've noticed that the Sun is rising earlier and the sky is lighter by 5:30 a.m.

Soon we'll reach the official beginning of spring, March 20, vernal equinox. 

By the time we reach summer solstice on June 20, it will be light at 4:45 a.m. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home