Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Astronomy Presentation To Brownies

Off and on for some years now, I have been the Sidewalk Astronomer in residence at the Brookfield Public Library here in our suburb.  About once per month during the warmer seasons here in America's Dairyland, I use my 8" Celestron telescope to show library patrons Jupiter, the Moon, the Sun, and other objects.

Occasionally I am asked to give talks, and tomorrow afternoon I will be giving a PowerPoint presentation I call "Wonders of the Sky" to a troop of Brownies at a local elementary school.

These outings are a lot of fun.  I try to show people things that those who follow astronomy see fairly regularly but others rarely or never do.  Some of the videos and slides I have in my talk came to my attention at the amazing Astronomy Picture of the Day site.  Two NASA scientists administer it and always come up with something interesting.  Have a look at: http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home