Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Miracles

There is no such thing as a miracle, but some things certainly seem miraculous. 

Cataracts seem to run on my mother's side of the family.  I had to have the one in my left eye removed about two years ago; yesterday the one in my left eye was treated.

Holy Holstein!  My vision is now the best it's been in years.

I'm even typing this without reading glasses even though the near aspect of my ability to see is the one that was sacrificed because the artificial lens that was installed can only focus far or close, not both.

Thank you Dr. Young and staff and Menomonee Falls Community Hospital and all the brilliant, hard-working scientists who have brought medicine to it current point of effectiveness. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home