Monday, October 19, 2009

Horizontal scratching plank

Customers sometimes ask me to produce a scratching device designed to be clawed horizontally rather than vertically. Some cats prefer scratching this way, and others are infirm and find it difficult to claw while standing.

Several years ago a woman approached me and wanted such a scratching target made out of the white cedar I typically use for vertical posts. Her cat had an illness but still loved to exercise her paws while on her stomach.

I made a custom white cedar plank for her, and she reported that her cat was using it regularly. When the cat died, the woman had the cedar plank creamated with her because she was so attached to it.

Currently, I am working on horizontal scratching pads made out of cork, which has proved to be a scratching material some cats love. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home