Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Training connects humans to cats

Cats are smart creatures but their intelligence is completely different from ours. Who knows what they think?

When you train a cat, however, you'll communicate on a level that he or she understands--one that is fairly complex.

Though I've been around cats my entire life with some time off while I was at college, I didn't understand how to train them until the early 1980s. That's when my wife and I gave a home to Ursa Major and Star. When these two started tearing up the furniture and woodwork, I knew we needed to train them to claw a post of some kind.

This led directly to Natural Scratch. Much more of the story--and the vital role of training--is posted at http://www.naturalscratch.com/history.html

Please have a look.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home