Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Cactus Flower


About 18 months ago, my brother gave me a cactus that was one of many offspring from an original cactus my mother's sister, Lily, gave him many years ago. I kept it in a sunny bedroom during the cool and cold Wisconsin autumn, winter, and spring and only watered it a little.

When late May arrived, I put it on the deck railing where it would be in the Sun all day long.

Over all the time I had it the only thing that I saw was a new, small cactus beginning to grow next to the original cactus.

Then one day I noticed a stalk poking out of the plant's side. About two days later, the flower pictured in the accompanying shot bloomed. But it only lasted for about 24 hours and then drooped.

Two more stalks have appeared, but I don't know if they too will lead to flowers. I hope so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home