Monday, March 17, 2008

Scratching and clawing behavior

I frequently mention to people that cat-scratching behavior as it relates to Natural Scratch falls under a Bell Curve. Some cats claw the post as the owner is assembling it; others walk around it on the way to the couch. Most cats are somewhere in the center.

Cats have their own reasons for doing things and it's hard to fathom exactly what motivates certain behaviors.

Wish I knew because I could then modify Natural Scratch in ways that would make it instantly appeal to all cats. There probably is a key to unlocking this universal appeal, but I haven't found it and as far as I know no one else has either.

The Natural Scratch training method, however, that accompanies Natural Scratch is the great leveler that nudges all cats into the area of the Bell Curve that makes them lifelong scratchers. It's simple to read and follow and works like a champ.

BTW, as an example of unusual feline behavior I need to mention our cat Leo--the white one on my main page. He does something I've never before observed: he chews on his claws! This is in addition to clawing Natural Scratch regularly. It's an amazing sight, and he gnaws on all four, front and back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home