Thursday, November 22, 2007

Giving thanks

On this day of celebration, it's wise to remember how fortunate we are if we have our health. My mother used to say, "When you have your health, you have everything." So true but easy to forget in the rush of life.

If *you* have everything, pledge a little plano cash or some of your time on this day of thanks to organizations that help those who don't, from animals in shelters and in the wild to people here in America and around the world.

Charlatans have given some charities a bad name but in our Google era, it's easy to check the legitimacy of a group just by popping the name into search and hitting enter.

I wish I had more to give because the need is great but at least I do what I can. I urge you to, too. John Lennon wrote many brilliant things including, "Love is all you need."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home