Friday, October 26, 2007

Wonderful customer service

My sister called and mentioned that JC Penny was having a major sale on glasses--that was kind because I needed a pair and always am happy to save a buck or two. There's a store in mall a couple of miles from the house so I went over. I can't remember being in the store previously--I'm more of a Land's End Outlet guy--so as soon as I entered I began scanning the walls and ceilings for a clue as to where the optical department might be.

Seconds later, a nice matronly clerk approached and asked if she could help. I told her my objective and she told me how to get to optical. It really blew me away because these days clerks in stores are often too busy talking among themselves to offer any help, especially if it's not going to benefit them in any way.

Once I reached the optical department I was assisted by another matronly woman who was kind and concerned about my getting the right pair of glasses without breaking the bank. It was great. She brought pair after pair and seemed more fussy about what would look good on me than I am.

Finally she slid on a pair that she liked and that I thought looked pretty good, too. "Those are the ones for you," she said. The price was right--$200 less than my current pair--and I left very happy for the experience. In the future, I'll probably visit the store again.

Customer service is terrifically important--I try to give just what I like to get...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home