Thursday, September 6, 2012

Winter Is Coming

We had a hot and dry summer here in Wisconsin, and I am actually looking forward to winter this year.  Already the winter constellations are visible in the morning when I go out to get the newspaper.

In fact, I hope we get at least a normal amount of snow.

Last season I only had the snowblower out two or three times.  Some of us called it the winter that wasn't.

The lack of frozen precipitation during the cold months from December through March set the stage for an unusual spring, with nothing near the normal number of showers, and summer conditions that bordered on a true drought. 

In the past several weeks, it has rained some so the grass is coming back and the trees and bushes are looking better. I can handle most weather conditions but find the lack of rain is downright depressing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home