Thursday, May 26, 2011

Dr. JB's Hummingbird Feeder

Last fall we were at my wife's family's cabin in Northern Wisconsin and were surprised to see hummingbirds visiting a feeder hung outside the kitchen window. 

Upon returning to Brookfield, I researched feeders online and bought one made by Songbird Essentials.

Earlier this week I installed it outside one of my office windows, filled it with sugar water according to a recipe I found online, and was pleasantly surprised when it attracted at least two hummingbirds within the first few hours.

It's fairly early in the season for hummingbirds here in Wisconsin given temperatures that are still in the 40s most days, so I think I'll see many, many more when the weather warms up in June. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home