Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Training works

Whenever I visit pet stores and see the mediocre scratching posts on display, I'm reminded of my mother. When I was growing up, she tried various posts with our cats, all to no avail. Primary problem was her lack of understanding that cats need to be trained, that they wouldn't just see the post and immediately realize it was intended for them. Clearly, the couch end was what scratching was for. They didn't need anything else.

I think a lot of people make the same mistake my mother did but in many cases, it results in a cat being declawed. Owners throw their hands up in frustration, have the cat operated on, and then throw out the post.

Training is key and that is why Natural Scratch comes with an easy-to-use guide to teaching cats to claw it and nothing else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home